About WOLF

This blog is for those suffering from living in a marriage with a spouse who is self-absorbed. Ranging from mere selfishness to the personality disorder of Narcissism, society is replete with this characteristic. A marriage suffering from self-absorption is filled with confusion, unmet needs, loneliness, questions, and resentment. For the Christian committed to a covenant marriage, this is acutely painful as he or she begins to feel trapped in his or her own vows. The reality is there are faithful followers of Christ who are married to people who wear the mask of Christianity because it makes them look good, while their motives are self-centered rather than Christ-centered. Biblical prinicples and truths still apply, but the spouse of a Narcissist has these truths bashed over their head. There is hope, because Jesus also provided insight into dealing with Pharisees who bashed "truths" over other's heads.

Friday, June 25, 2010

I finally decided to breakdown and join the world of blogging. My resistance...all these new avenues of self-absorption. My denial...all these new avenues of marketing and getting the word out.

My prayer is that this blog can be one of wisdom, insight, and understanding to support and encourage those of you suriving in a self-absorbed marriage. A place where you can come to and not feel so alone. I personally remember being so alone in my first marriage, never being able to put my finger on what was really going on. I remember feeling at times like I was going crazy. I knew something wasn't right, I just couldn't figure it out.

The stories behind the WOLF: The Self-Absorbed Christian Marriage are ALL true! They were real experiences! They are all masked in confidentiality. Some are my stories, some are close friends stories, and some are client's stories. We all had one thing in common, a painful marriage that wasn't a living example of Christ's relationship with His bride the church. And, with that came much confusion and self-doubt.

There are NO easy answers to a self-absorbed marriage. It is a process. There is hope! Join the journey with others as you de-wolf your own self-centeredness and learn what it means to be all the Christ intended for you to be!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to be your first follower! I am excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an area that I want to learn so much more about! I keep asking myself, "How do I survive in this marriage?" I can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this blog still going in 2019

    ReplyDelete